Class Dates

Sunday 11 March 2012

My trip to Squires Kitchen's Cake Decorating, Chocolate and Sugarcraft Show

I spent a very inspiring morning in Farnham at Squire's Annual International Cake Decorating, Chocolate and Sugarcraft Show, I left it too late to buy a ticket last year, so this year I was very organised, I was even organised enough to be there twenty minutes early, but already the queue had built to quite a length!

This is a very popular show, with lots of well known industry faces running classes and demos throughout the three days.

There are trade stands with everything you could possibly think of to help you in your creativity, I liked the fact that on each stall somebody was demonstrating, so you could see before you bought, pick up some new ideas and then just spend the morning walking around in an inspired daze.

I was blown away by the AMAZING cakes in the Wedding Cake Hall, they were all so stunning, there was so much detail, colour, creativity, classic simplicity and originality.

I have taken some photos of my favourites, whether it was the colour combination, the knowledge of knowing just how long all those flowers will have taken, our just the wow the cake created amongst tables and tables of cakes.

Since I've been home, I've also visited their websites, and have seen even more of their styles and creations.

The first two cakes are by The Pretty Cake Company

I love the pastel colours of the first one, it's very "me". 


The cake below is so effective, with the different size tiers and box styling, it looked like it was really fun to make. 


This striking green and white beauty is by Tasteful Cakes


I loved all the different flowers, and the lace detailing on the cake.


This vivid green really stood out and I loved how all the flowers cascaded towards the bottom, it's made by Jess Hill Cakes


I love blues, the ribbons and flowers on this cake made it look so pretty.
It was made by Jelly Cake


Just the amount of work that went into all of these stunning roses made me stand and stare!  In very vintage shades it was another beauty also made by Jelly Cake


And yes, I found a cupcake!  A lovely classic vintage style, with roses, leaves and petals sitting in beautiful china, by Lucky Sixpence


My Grandma's favourite flower, Lily of the Valley; a simply stunning classic cake, pretty detailing with a lovely finishing bow.  Made by Scrum Diddly Cakes


Scrum Diddly also made this incredibly floral cake, hours and hours of work here!


The roses were stunning


Michelle of Scrum Diddly also made this lovely tower.

Having looked at all of my photos, I realised that there were alot of fresh green and white colour schemes, or perhaps that was just what took my eye today.  Lovely spring greens.


And finally, a sweetie of a cake, it's lovely, pretty pastels and cute little flowers, from The Great Little Cake Company

Jill and Natalie were also demonstrating making a wedding cake in one of the rooms, it was great to see them at work.


The Squires website is well worth a visit, for it's shop, it's courses and it's books.


I look forward to playing with my new goodies later this week!





6 comments:

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. Thank you for sharing all the beautiful cakes, truly inspirational!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow so glad you put the pics on the blog - must have been a very inspirational outing!!!

Liesl

Emily @ Treetops said...

It was a great day, thanks for your comments. I'm so glad I took my camera, pics aren't quite the same taken on a phone!

Samantha Tempest said...

Thank you for sharing pictures of my cakes, I am so glad you liked them! Kind Regards
Samantha Tempest
The Pretty Cake Company

Emily @ Treetops said...

Hello Samantha! The creativity was so good I had to share them, I really enjoyed my visit to the show.

Christina said...

Thank you your kind comments and posting the picture of my cake, It was a great day lots of talent!
Christina
Tasteful Cakes